Saturday, November 22, 2008

Deaf

When we got to the headquarters church Sunday the 9th, Sis. Monju, the "mutha" interpreter for the deaf church, and Sis. Emily, a deaf Sister, were waiting upstairs. Sis. Josie had shared with her that some interpreters, myself, Rose, and Heidi, were coming. She was so excited to meet us. She wanted her interpreters to be able to learn more sign from us, also she hoped her deaf students would be blessed abundantly during the crusade.


I met some of the deaf people at the end of Wed. night at the crusade.They are such beautiful people, so very hungry to learn and to understand God's word. They reminded me of little baby birds just waiting to be fed. They each had to get my attention to tell me there name and eager to learn mine. We had been so busy we were not able to connect about me interpreting for the deaf there at the crusade. God's timing is perfect though. I was blessed with the opportunity to interpret for them Thurs. night, Fri. night, and Sunday morning. Two of them received the Holy Ghost...Praise the Lord!! They do not hold back when they pray, just so trustingly hand everything over to the Lord.Friday morning I was thankful God gave me the opportunity to teach at the deaf school! Heidi also was able to go. She was such an help.We signed for them "Shout with a voice of triumph". I taught on " You can" using Phil1:6 and the story of Helen Keller in which Heidi contributed some valuable information. Just because they were deaf did not mean they could not do anything in their own personal lives or for the Lord. Maybe they could become teachers, preachers, or evangelist among the deaf community. They had many questions like....one young lady...Why did God make me deaf?...my answer..maybe so she can be used to be a comfort to other deaf with her compassionate spirit. One young man told of how when he was born his parents loved him until they found out he was deaf. They then threw him out in the street. The Catholic church found him and raised him. When he was older he was then raised by the UPC church there. He told his story with such sadness and loss it broke my heart. I tried to encourage him by telling him that he could be thankful he ended up in such a good place where people loved him and that he could learn the truth of God's word. It was a wonderful experience there with the deaf. My heart loves them so..I pray God continues to help them grow in Him.

No comments: